Acupuncture in Peterborough
Dr. Dan Calow, BSc HK, DC, provides Acupuncture in Peterborough at Euphoria Wellness Spa. Dr. Calow received his accreditation as a Contemporary Acupuncture Provider from McMaster University’s Contemporary Acupuncture Program.
What is Contemporary Medical Acupuncture?
It’s a precise peripheral nerve stimulation technique. It uses thin, steel needles and electric current to directly communicate with the body’s nerves to modulate (“turn up” or “turn down”) hyper or hyposensitive nerves in an area.
How Does it Help?
- It stimulates increased blood flow and healing to tissues – excellent for healing in joint related, soft tissue, or wear-and-tear injuries.
- It decreases pain due to the blocking of pain signals being sent from the tissue to the spinal cord and the brain.
- It stimulates the release of endorphins in the brain and body.
- It improves nerve/muscle firing for weak or inhibited muscles from previous injuries or repetitive postural strain.
Acupuncture is used to treat the following conditions:
- musculoskeletal problems (back pain, neck pain, and others)
- dizziness and nausea
- migraine headache
- anxiety and depression
- post-operative recovery
- addictions, such as smoking
- arthritis and tendonitis
- insomnia, and many other conditions
Want to learn more about Acupuncture in Peterborough?